Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who Let the Dogs out?!

Well, my brakes are fixed. Thanks to Chuck and the amazing guys at Midas on Convoy. Anyways, yesterday afternoon Chuck had his Ultimate Frisbee finals. His team lost both games. They were missing some people and it was 100 degrees yesterday, so I can't blame them. The thing I'm most upset from yesterday is a dog and his owner that were also there. There is an older male dog named Max, who comes to frisbee up at UCSD. He's about 7 years old and he's obviously an alpha dog. He picks on Chase and tries to dominate him. In the grand scheme of things, Chuck and I would both prefer if Chase could fight his own battles and either prove that he's an alpha or get his butt kicked and understand that he's a bravo. The problem we had to face yesterday is that Max was bullying Chase. Trying to dominate and then growling when Chase tried to sniff him. Chase is by all accounts still a puppy, and wants to sniff and play; but to have a dog constantly bullying him is going to end up scaring him. Did I mention that Chase was staked down and only had 6' of slack? Did I mention that Max was off leash? Yeah, all the makings for an angry couple and a douche of a guy not knowing what he did wrong.



You might be wondering what it is that Max's owner did that was so wrong? Well, its a matter of perception. He casually called Max away. No authority in his voice whatsoever. This dog then continued to bully. His called out that he was friendly. That's when he snapped at Chase and made him whimper and recoil. In my opinion, a dog owner who doesn't apologize fore that kind of behavior, is a complete *&#hole. Here is a dog that is staked down and kind properly defend himself. He never came over and got his dog away. He never apologized. Nothing. Luckily, there were people out there that could see what the problem was and ushered this dog away. One of my biggest beefs in life is irresponsible dog owners. As most of you know, there are several things that bother me deeply, but this has always been in the top 5. Being responsible goes far above caring for your dog. I'm not going to go into it anymore, because its over and its not worth anymore time.

Besides, I golfed a great game today. My score ended up being 1 over on a 19 hole course. It was cooler today...not by much, but cooler. Chuck and I had Chipotle tonight. It was a good day. By the way, has anyone noticed a theme with each blog title? You get a prize if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment